The International Freeski Film Festival, the world’s largest celebration of skiing, is stopping by your home mountain to give you the chance to be a part of iF3. Oh, and win a pocket full of cash.
Winner of 2013 Le Massif de Charlevoix VideoQuest
Winner of 2013 Owl’s Head VideoQuest
The objective is simple. Film, edit, and submit a two minute edit of what a season at your local resort is like through your own eyes, and more importantly, your own lens. You don’t need to be a professional filmer. You don’t need to be a professional skier. You don’t even need to pay an entry fee. All you need is a love for the sport that puts a smile on your face every time you click in – even if it’s to shred 300 meters of man-made snow. Since it’s more than just the terrain or snow that makes a mountain what it is, we’re expecting you to capture the vibe and showcase the people, places, and things that make it rad.
If you manage to impress our panel of judges and take home top honours at your stop, we’ll hook you up with a cool $500 and feature your edit on all of iF3’s outlets. Not to mention you’ll be the all the rage at the iF3 hosted après ski when we announce the winners – just make sure you honour the 10% rule!
Rules & Registration
- 75% of the edit must be filmed at the resort, but not necessarily on the mountain.
- All footage must be shot during the 2012-2013 season.
- Edits cannot contain any violence, or vulgar/degrading content, or any non iF3 VideoQuest logos.
- Participants must register (below) before uploading their video here.
- Videos must be in Quicktime, at 720p or 1080p, and compressed using H.264.
- Your title must be simple white writing on a black background.
- The winner will be selected by a panel of iF3 judges, and awarded a $500 cash prize.